Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Mortimer Jones Ponders the Void



Mr. Obsolete: I was supposed to get off at the last stop.

Mortimer Jones: Well, get off at the next one.

Mr. Obsolete: I could do that, but then I'd have to walk back.

Mortimer: So what's the problem? Just walk back.

Mr. Obsolete: Yes, but I hate to retrace my steps.

Mortimer: If you're walking back to where you meant to go then that will be the first time you walk that direction.

Mr. Obsolete: Yes, but I missed my stop yesterday too. And that was the direction I walked.

Mortimer: So walk a different direction to where you meant to go, then the direction you walked yesterday.

Mr. O: I think it's better to walk a direct route then change direction to avoid the same direction to the place I meant to go.

Mortimer: So walk directly in a different direction than the direction you walked to the place you meant to go.

Mr. Obsolete: I can't indirectly choose a direction, directionless as it may seem, in a different direction to the place I meant to go. I'd have to change direction, meaning, direct myself beyond my own directioning.

Mortimer: I see, so why not change your plans altogether then? Go somewhere else.

Mr. Obsolete: I could change my plans, but I don't know what would happen.

Mortimer: You won't know what would happen regardless of your plans.

Mr. Obsolete: I suppose I should just stay on the bus then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home